Vijay Kedar, Tomorrow Health, on Healthcare at Home
In this episode, we meet Vijay Kedar, Co-Founder and CEO of Tomorrow Health. Tomorrow Health is a technology-driven healthcare company changing the way individuals and families manage healthcare at home. They are partnered with over 125 health insurers and provider organizations to coordinate and deliver home-based care for their members. To support their ambitious vision, they have raised $32.5M from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Obvious Ventures, Box Group, Rainfall Ventures and CEOs and founders of Tenet Healthcare, DoorDash, Flatiron Health, Oscar Health, Quartet Health, Casper, Moat and PillPack.
In 2021, Business Insider listed Tomorrow Health as one of the Most Promising Healthcare Startups of 2021, according to top VCs.
Prior to Tomorrow Health, Vijay spent several years helping to scale Oscar Health — leading care management strategy and operations to support chronically ill patients through home-based interventions. He was critical in shaping the success of the company by executing on strategy, financing efforts, network development, medical management, regulatory affairs and more. He is an alum of Harvard College and Harvard Business School and made his way to Oscar after years in Private Equity at Goldman Sachs, where he evaluated $1.1B in investments across healthcare, technology and energy.
In this episode, Vijay and I chat about:
- How his experiences as an early employee at Oscar Health and navigating his mother’s cancer care ultimately led him to start Tomorrow Health
- What is driving unprecedented growth in the US home healthcare market and the biggest challenges facing each stakeholder in the ecosystem — DME suppliers, payers, providers, patients and their caregivers
- Tomorrow Health’s approach to building a holistic home-based care ecosystem, starting with Medical Equipment and Supplies
- What it means to Vijay to change the healthcare system from within and the importance of marrying innovation with distribution
- Vijay’s approach to assembling a world class team of advisors, colleagues and investors