Natasha Prasad, Cleo, on Helping Working Parents Thrive
In this episode, we meet Natasha Prasad, Chief Customer Officer of Cleo. Cleo is a family benefits platform and support system for working families. With its integrated family benefits platform, Cleo combines proactive, expert guidance with an intuitive engagement hub to help connect families with the support they need to be their best at home and at work. Representing over 55 countries and 100+ enterprise clients — Cleo is reinventing how forward-thinking employers support families that work around the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Cleo has raised $44M and is backed by NEA, Greylock Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Forerunner Ventures. Cleo was recently honored by Fierce Healthcare as a 2021 Fierce 15 company.
Prior to Cleo, Natasha served as country manager for ClassPass in Australia, where she built and oversaw regional operations, including sales, success and marketing. Previously, she was the founder and CEO of a fitness technology startup that was acquired by ClassPass, and held product management roles at enterprise and consumer technology companies (Rent the Runway, Paperless Post), most recently Atlassian in Sydney. Natasha spent her early career as an investor in the private equity group at Goldman Sachs in London and New York. She holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and degrees in economics and mathematics from Cambridge University and Delhi University.
In this episode, Natasha shares her insights into:
- Recent trends in the $60B employee benefits market and the acceleration of healthcare benefits to fill in areas where the traditional healthcare system has fallen short (e.g., mental health, chronic care management, holistic family support)
- Cleo’s unique guide-based care approach to providing continuity of care, trusted expert guidance, and evidence-based clinical programs that drive improved healthcare outcomes for working families.
- How Cleo creates value for employers and employees through preventative care, early interventions, childcare/parenting and return-to-work support
- Cleo’s most recent 2020 product launches: Cleo Care for childcare support in partnership with UrbanSitter, and Cleo Marketplace, an expanded ecosystem of vetted partnerships
- The rise of healthcare technology more broadly and opportunities for those passionate about making a difference in healthcare