Matt McCambridge, Eden Health, on Reimagining Primary Care
Stay updated on releases: subscribe on the Spotify, Apple, Twitter, or Stitcher.
In this episode, we meet Matt McCambridge, CEO and Co-Founder of Eden Health. Eden Health, offered through employers and commercial real estate building landlords providing health coverage to tenants, combines telehealth, in-person primary care, behavioral health and insurance navigation with what Matt calls a “‘medical home” method, centered around creating trusted relationships between the patient and a dedicated care team. Since launching in 2017, the company has partnered with more than 100 employers and has more than 40,000 covered members. In 2020, recurring revenue grew by 800 percent year-over-year, in part due to the company’s COVID-19 response.
Eden Health recently announced a $60 million Series C round, led by Insight Partners, bringing the company’s total funding to $100 million in the span of two years.
In this episode, Matt and I chat about:
- The genesis and early days of building Eden Health (industry context, validating early hypotheses, signing first employer customer)
- Why and how Eden partners with employers and commercial real estate landlords as buyers of healthcare services who are aligned with patient interests
- The rationale behind the evolution of Eden’s service offerings: from primary care and navigation to behavioral health, physical therapy and specialty care
- How Eden has supported employers and patients during COVID-19 through testing, screening and back-to-work support
- Eden Health’s long-term vision and the importance of culture