Luke Hejl, TimelyMD, on transforming healthcare in higher education
In this episode, we meet Luke Hejl, Co-founder and CEO of TimelyMD. TimelyMD is a telehealth company focused on transforming healthcare in higher education by improving student health, optimizing campus clinic resources and granting peace of mind to both students and parents. TimelyMD currently partners with over 80 campuses, including Duke University, Emory University, Johns Hopkins University, University of Notre Dame and more. With a recent $60M investment from JMI Equity, TimelyMD plans to continue to tackle the unmet need in higher education for on-demand medical, mental health, and well-being telehealth solutions.
TimelyMD has experienced unprecedented growth as the demand for telemedicine and teletherapy increased exponentially during the COVID-19 pandemic, transforming the way college students receive care now and in the future. With licensed providers available 24/7 in all 50 states, its success stems from offering a differentiated solution to higher education that includes on-demand medical, immediate and scheduled mental health counseling, psychiatry and health coaching services — all designed specifically for students and offered at no cost to them, without the hassle of traditional health insurance.
- The gaps in care delivery in higher education and the unique needs of students
- TimelyMD’s evolution from telemedicine to mental health counseling, psychiatry and health coaching services
- How TimelyMD partners with higher education institutions to augment campus resources and provide integrated, coordinated care for students
- The recent $60M capital infusion from JMI Equity and growth plans
- Advice for entrepreneurs looking to build and innovate in healthcare